(ThySistas.com) In our high sex driven society, it may be hard to accept that sexual dysfunction is a common issue. Low sex drive, impotence, premature ejaculation, vaginal dryness and disinterest are all signs that a hormonal imbalance exists within the body. For optimal healing, it is suggested that one treats the root causes (i.e. hormonal imbalance, stress, depression, etc.), rather than just treating the problem.
Some common causes of sexual dysfunction include hormonal imbalance (low testosterone, estrogen or progesterone), sleep issues, low or blocked energy, chronic exhaustion, high stress, emotional imbalance (insecurity, grief, depression, anxiety, etc.), menopausal transition, excessive toxins in the body, substance abuse, low self-esteem, poor body image, diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis,
So how can you ignite your sexual energy?
1. Destress your life. Stress is one of the most common causes in sexual dysfunction. High stress levels can lead to poor circulation, hormonal imbalance, emotional instability, fatigue, and sleep issues. When we reduce the stress levels of our daily return, we often alleviate many of our health issues. Meditation, yoga, deep belly breathing techniques, self-massage, and exercise are just a few ways to destress your life.
2. Detox your body. When we have an excess of toxins in the body, our digestion slows down, we feel less motivated about life, we struggle to stay focused, and battle with sexual dysfunction. Detoxing helps to flush the toxins from the body to clear our vital pathways and welcome a healthy blood and energy flow into the body.
3. Reduce your load of work. Fatigue and exhaustion decreases our overall sexual energy. Whether we are physically, mentally, or emotionally tired, our sexual energy is affected. Exhaustion can lead to impotence, premature ejaculation, vaginal dryness, and low libido. If possible, limit yourself to 40 hours of work each week or no more than 5 days per week to ensure you have time for yourself, your health and your relationship.
4. Get rested. Sleep governs our hormonal levels therefore it is important that we are getting enough sleep night to maintain optimal sexual vitality. Reprogram your body to rest 7 to 8 hours each night. Aim to be in bed by 10 p.m. each night and to wake up by 7 a.m. each morning.
5. Eat a balanced diet. If the body is lacking essential nutrients such as iron, folate, Vitamin B, zinc and antioxidants, sexual disorder is likely to occur. Diets rich in whole foods, fresh colorful veggies and taking daily vitamins and minerals helps to improve your sexual imbalance. Processed foods, additives, preservatives, refined sugar, and unhealthy fats weaken the digestive system and decrease energy.
It is important to treat the root cause of the disorder in addition to the symptoms the body displays. Grab a cup of hot tea or a bottle of water and do some internal investigations to discover the root cause of your (or your loved one’s) sexual imbalance.
Staff Writer; Dina Tuff
Connect with Mystic Philosopher & Inner Fitness Coach Dina Tuff @
The Magick Playhouse; http://dinatuff.blogspot.com/