(ThySistas.com) It is typical New Year behavior in the United States of America to begin the year with a resolution to lose weight. I know numerous friends who set weight loss as a goal for the year, attained the goal by the middle of the year yet were back where they started as the year ended. I’m convinced this is because we put more emphasis on the way we look rather than on the way we feel. We say things like “when you look good, you feel good” and from there we invest much of our energy into looking good.
With an alarming rate of healthy, toned body 30 & 40 somethings dropping dead from heart attacks, strokes, and other health related dis-eases, its safe to say looking good does not equate to feeling good. While looking good may improve your self-image, what we put into our bodies improves the way we feel within. Our body is our transportation throughout this journey of life, those who only
We get closer to health or death each time we open our mouth. Make use of the tips below to increase your overall health:
· Drink more water. Water is one of the least expensive, most effective fluids we can put into our bodies. Water helps to eliminate toxins from the body and helps us to feel fuller throughout the day so that we eat less. You can add fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice to your water for optimal cleansing of the digestive system.
· Make dinner the lightest meal of the day. We often skip breakfast, fly through lunch, only to arrive home and eat ourselves miserable for dinner. Our eating habits are backwards, dinner should be the lightest meal of the day. When we eat heavy at night, we slow down our digestive system which has to work overtime in order to process the foods we are laying down on. Aim to have dinner no later than 7 p.m. and keep dinner light.
· Eat protein rich foods. Proteins are long chains of amino acids, which are the important molecules we get from our diet. Amino acids can be found in vegetables, but the highest source comes from animals – like meat, dairy, eggs and fish. Proteins can be found in lesser values in plant foods such as beans and seeds. When we are deficient of certain amino acids low concentration and memory, mood swings, unstable blood sugar levels, trouble maintaining or losing weight, trouble building muscle mass and low energy can occur.
· Accept that breakfast is the most important meal of the deal. Breakfast sets the energetic tone of the day. When we eat a healthy breakfast, we are more energized and vibrant throughout the day. A healthy breakfast will make us conscious of our food selection throughout the day because our focus will be on maintaining our energy rather than just eating.
· Learn how to snack. Snacks are to help us maintain our energy until the next meal. Regardless of what fast food restaurants tell you, a burger, fry & drink is NOT a snack pack. In fact, it’s not even a nutrient rich meal and should be limited to a weekly or bi-weekly treat or cheat day meal. Fruits, nuts, yogurt, fresh veggies, air popped popcorn and berries are more filling and healthy snacks to carry you over.
Having your dream body means nothing if you are not in good health. Contrary to popular belief in America, when you feel good, you look good!
Staff Writer; Dina Tuff
Connect with Mystic Philosopher & Inner Fitness Coach Dina Tuff @
The Magick Playhouse; http://dinatuff.blogspot.com/