(ThySistas.com) Reishi mushroom is a wonder on the earth. Its health benefits were known to the Chinese even 3000 years ago. Traditionally, it was used for varied medical purposes like for treating various cardiovascular and neurological issues. In modern times, many studies have been conducted on Reishi, which have proved beyond doubt that Reishi has scores of benefits for the human.
Fundamental ingredients in Reishi
Biologically Reishi is known as Ganoderma lucidum. In China this wonder herb is called Lingzhi. Researchers have identified several active ingredients in Reishi, among them the most important ones are as follows –
- Water-soluble polysaccharides
- Triterpenes in form of ganoderic acids
Availability of Reishi mushroom
Naturally, Reishi mushroom is found in plum trees. However, it doesn’t grow in abundance in such a manner. Hence, it was
Use of Reishi Mushroom
Use of Reishi dates back to the Han Dynasty which had ruled China from 206BCE to 220CE. The medical practitioners at that time used this herbal mushroom to treat the rich and royal people only, because its natural production was not so abundant at that time. But, now this mushroom is abundantly used because it can stimulate the immune system and can protect the body from multiple of health issues. The Reishi mushroom extract, both in tincture and powder form, are available in the market. Many manufacturers are marketing Reishi coffee and tea, which are also very popular in America, Asia and Europe.
Apart from its use as dietary supplement, Reishi is used in traditional Chinese and Japanese medicines and also in Indian Ayurveda to treat several diseases like heart, lungs and liver problems, and also to boost immunity system of the body.
Benefits of Reishi mushroom
- There are several health benefits of Reishi mushroom. Some of these benefits are as follows –
- It works as a good analgesic
- It prevents several allergic effects
- It is used in bronchitis and helps in regeneration of bronchial epithelium tissues
- It improves multiple of symptoms associated with asthma
- It is also used as an anti-inflammatory agent in heart diseases
- It is used as an active antioxidant
- It is used as an antibacterial agent. Reishi protects the body against bacteria like Staphylococci, Streptococci, and Bacillus pneumoniae.
- It resists proliferation of cancerous cells and also found to improve the effectiveness of chemotherapy.
- It controls blood pressure and found to be very effective for high blood pressure patients
- It helps in bone marrow nucleated cell proliferation
- It lowers LDL cholesterol and triglyceride remarkable, while protecting HDL cholesterol
- It is used to reduce stress, tension and anxiety
- It relieves several symptoms of digestive disorders in including ulcer and gastrointestinal symptoms.
- It increased the RBC concentration in the blood and also helps the circulatory system to carry oxygen in higher quantities.
Reishi can be used by anyone at any ages. As because it can stimulate the immune system, experts suggest to use it regularly as dietary supplement in small quantities.
Staff Writer; Millie Watts